1. I've become a runner. No, seriously. I'm not even sure what happened, but I blame the girl at work who has basically lost half a PERSON since she started running, and of course Cathy Zielske.
2. See that little widget on the side --> That's Daily Mile. And since I started running two months ago, I've tracked over 60 miles. Because if I've learned anything about myself in the past year, I NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
3. I'm running a 5K in a week and a half. Not sure what I was thinking, but I've told several people I'm going to do it, so I'll basically look like a huge wuss if I back down now.
4. I'm an aunt! Sort of. My cousin had twins last week. I'm totally considering myself Aunt Cara. (They are both doing fairly well, by the way. One should be home today, and the other one might be able to come home Friday.) I'm pretty much in love with both of them already.
5. Speaking of babies, H is 8 months old today. EIGHT MONTHS OLD. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just had him a month ago, right? RIGHT?
6. H is crawling. Army crawling. He has decided that since he can very quickly get wherever he wants to go this way, there is simply no need to learn to ACTUALLY crawl. Stinker.
7. He's also eating "real" food. Bananas are the big favorite right now. Green beans are not.
8. I have officially lost all the baby weight. And I still look 4 months pregnant. Moms, is that little pouch EVER going to go away? (Feel free to lie and give me hope!)
9. I have BIG NEWS. But I can't share. Yet.
10. No, I am not pregnant. Even though that girl at the office thought maybe I was because I was hot and pale. Don't worry, I checked.
11. I'm signed up again for LOAD with Lain Ehmann. You can check it out HERE. I did this back in February when I was home with Henry, and loved it. Super excited to do it again, though I must have been high when I signed up because WHEN DID I THINK I WOULD HAVE TIME TO SCRAPBOOK EVERY DAY?
12. So here's the plan (you know how much I like a plan): I'm bring a Coordinates Collections kit and a few photos, along with scissors and adhesive, to work every day. And I'm going to scrap during my lunch break. Genius, right? I know.
13. Other fun stuff coming up in October? Our four-year anniversary. That's kind of a big deal. Yay us!
14. My husband applied for a life-changing job. As in, it's totally his dream job. The deadline isn't until the end of next week, so it will be a while before we hear if he got an interview, but our fingers + toes are crossed.
15. This is the first summer in I don't know how long that I actually managed to get a tan. But only on my arms. Because the only time I truly spend outside is when I'm running. Therefore, I have a perfect outline of a racer back running tank on my back. Beautiful.
16. I find I Tweet much more than I blog lately. Quick + easy.
17. I ordered a treadmill this morning - ya'll, it's going to get cold eventually. And once the time changes, it's going to be dark by the time I get home.
18. I also got a new credit card to pay for said treadmill. Decided that since I have super credit, one new credit card wouldn't make that much of a difference. It's interest-free for seven months, so I'm planning on paying payments on the treadmill. To be fair, it really is an investment.
19. And here's the problem with credit in this country. WAY TOO EASY. Within seconds, I was approved for a new credit card with a limit of roughly 15% of what I make in a year. Seriously? And we wonder why there is so much credit card debt? I'll never use that much, but that's because I'm tight. Some people would have that spent in two months.
20. I am PRAYING that the treadmill actually fits in our bedroom. Because I told P it would, and I'm not actually completely totally sure. His requirement was that he did not have to move much furniture. I'm thinking "much" might be in the eye of the beholder.
21. We're trying to get H into a good bedtime schedule, which quite honestly leaves me feeling as if I can't even breathe on my own at night. The good news is he's generally sleeping better at night.
22. The bad news is we are dealing with tears for about an hour every night. Totally blows.
23. I promise to be back later this week. Honestly.