1. I've become a runner. No, seriously. I'm not even sure what happened, but I blame the girl at work who has basically lost half a PERSON since she started running, and of course Cathy Zielske.
2. See that little widget on the side --> That's Daily Mile. And since I started running two months ago, I've tracked over 60 miles. Because if I've learned anything about myself in the past year, I NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
3. I'm running a 5K in a week and a half. Not sure what I was thinking, but I've told several people I'm going to do it, so I'll basically look like a huge wuss if I back down now.
4. I'm an aunt! Sort of. My cousin had twins last week. I'm totally considering myself Aunt Cara. (They are both doing fairly well, by the way. One should be home today, and the other one might be able to come home Friday.) I'm pretty much in love with both of them already.
5. Speaking of babies, H is 8 months old today. EIGHT MONTHS OLD. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just had him a month ago, right? RIGHT?
6. H is crawling. Army crawling. He has decided that since he can very quickly get wherever he wants to go this way, there is simply no need to learn to ACTUALLY crawl. Stinker.
7. He's also eating "real" food. Bananas are the big favorite right now. Green beans are not.
8. I have officially lost all the baby weight. And I still look 4 months pregnant. Moms, is that little pouch EVER going to go away? (Feel free to lie and give me hope!)
9. I have BIG NEWS. But I can't share. Yet.
10. No, I am not pregnant. Even though that girl at the office thought maybe I was because I was hot and pale. Don't worry, I checked.
11. I'm signed up again for LOAD with Lain Ehmann. You can check it out HERE. I did this back in February when I was home with Henry, and loved it. Super excited to do it again, though I must have been high when I signed up because WHEN DID I THINK I WOULD HAVE TIME TO SCRAPBOOK EVERY DAY?
12. So here's the plan (you know how much I like a plan): I'm bring a Coordinates Collections kit and a few photos, along with scissors and adhesive, to work every day. And I'm going to scrap during my lunch break. Genius, right? I know.
13. Other fun stuff coming up in October? Our four-year anniversary. That's kind of a big deal. Yay us!
14. My husband applied for a life-changing job. As in, it's totally his dream job. The deadline isn't until the end of next week, so it will be a while before we hear if he got an interview, but our fingers + toes are crossed.
15. This is the first summer in I don't know how long that I actually managed to get a tan. But only on my arms. Because the only time I truly spend outside is when I'm running. Therefore, I have a perfect outline of a racer back running tank on my back. Beautiful.
16. I find I Tweet much more than I blog lately. Quick + easy.
17. I ordered a treadmill this morning - ya'll, it's going to get cold eventually. And once the time changes, it's going to be dark by the time I get home.
18. I also got a new credit card to pay for said treadmill. Decided that since I have super credit, one new credit card wouldn't make that much of a difference. It's interest-free for seven months, so I'm planning on paying payments on the treadmill. To be fair, it really is an investment.
19. And here's the problem with credit in this country. WAY TOO EASY. Within seconds, I was approved for a new credit card with a limit of roughly 15% of what I make in a year. Seriously? And we wonder why there is so much credit card debt? I'll never use that much, but that's because I'm tight. Some people would have that spent in two months.
20. I am PRAYING that the treadmill actually fits in our bedroom. Because I told P it would, and I'm not actually completely totally sure. His requirement was that he did not have to move much furniture. I'm thinking "much" might be in the eye of the beholder.
21. We're trying to get H into a good bedtime schedule, which quite honestly leaves me feeling as if I can't even breathe on my own at night. The good news is he's generally sleeping better at night.
22. The bad news is we are dealing with tears for about an hour every night. Totally blows.
23. I promise to be back later this week. Honestly.
First, thank you to Ali Edwards for introducing me to ohlife.com. I was "gently reminded" to write down my observations over our 4 day vacation to Kill Devil Hills in the Outer Banks, NC.
Here's a few highlights:
While driving through NC, we decided that the official state dessert must be fudge. Seriously, there are signs for fudge everywhere. Also, crabs are ridiculously cheap there.
H liked playing with his sand toys (on the sheet, not the sand. He eats EVERYTHING.) Did NOT like having his little toes dipped in the water. A little worried that this trip would be a total bust if he hated the beach.
After a pretty rough night of not sleeping, we decided to try "Stack 'Em High" for breakfast. Seriously, isn't that an awesome name for a pancake place? It looked like a little family-owned shop that had been there for 30 years, which is what I love. Tried to get H to eat his oatmeal here, but he was way too interested in everything around him.
Decided to try the pool since we know H likes that. Success! Had a lot of fun letting him "swim." Headed to the beach to try again while he was in a good mood. Woo to the hoo, he loved it! Not surprising, since it normally takes a few tries for him to really warm up to something. (Not people though, he's definitely a people person like his Daddy).
Out to the beach again. Phillip tried some boogie boarding while H and I played on the blanket. Even I got in the water up to my waist. Awesome. The water was so clear, and so warm. Nothing like the DE beaches. I think I could actually become a beach person if we keep going places like this. Back in the pool to rinse off, then time for another nap. P went fishing while H rested. No luck tonight!
Tried to go to a pizzeria for dinner, but someone (not that I'm pointing fingers, HENRY!) was pretty tired and cranky. Decided to get takeout and eat in the hotel. Kind of fun to just chill out and eat in bed. Only one day left!
Since H was still in a good mood, we headed down to the beach for a few pics down there as well. Hopefully they turned out good. Hopefully I don't look like a fat mom. If so, I'll just do what I always do: crop the heck out of the picture.
Time for a nap! I love that we are all taking a nap together during vacation. And good grief, we need it. H wears us out sometimes.
LOVE that our hotel door was right over the dune. And wow, was that dune difficult to climp up while holding H. Jeesh. Thank goodness I've been running, or I never would have made it.
We ate dinner at a place I picked, PigMan's Barbecue. SO GOOD. I totally kicked ass with the food choices for this trip. And with absolutely no research! I just knew I wanted to try some NC barbecue. And NC, you did not disappoint! Perfectly sweet and vinegar-y. Best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had.
Decided to head out to the beach one last time. Phillip wanted to do some fishing (and actually caught a fish!!), and H and + I just sat on the boogie board and watch the waves come in. Perfect ending to the vacation.