1. Netflix. Awesome. TV pretty much sucks in the summer, but you can forget about pay-per-view when you have a 5-month old. There is no way I'm paying $4.99 for a movie when I know I'm going to miss half of it. So Phillip + I signed up for Netflix, and it's pretty much the best thing since sliced bread. Love it.
2. Flip-flops. Specifically, these. Or last year's version of these, anyway. I know, I know. The Crocs thing again. I take comfort in the fact that these are not ugly, and they are super comfy.
3. Diet root beer. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I would not be able to handle dieting with diet root beer.
4. WeightWatchers online. Very helpful. I've lost a total of 15 pounds since I started. Still have a little ways to go, but our planned beach vacation in August is looking MUCH less like a nightmare.
5. Fresh peas. We picked our first peas from the garden on Tuesday, and I will continue to eat fresh peas everyday until I can't stand it anymore. I cannot WAIT for my tomatoes to ripen. YUM.
6. Bathtime. For Henry. The boy is in love with his bath. He'll splash, then look up at me with an expression that clearly says, "What the hell was that? And how do I do it again? It was AWESOME!"
7. Our new truck. Phillip has needed a new vehicle for a LONG time. His poor Chevy was about two trips away from keeling over at the side of the road. So two weeks ago I forced (no, really!) Phillip into shopping for a truck. We were looking for a used one, but with the 0% financing GM was offering, it actually worked out better to buy brand new.
8. Our credit. See number 7. Since we had such good credit scores (815 each, thank you very much), it actually worked out better to take a low-interest loan from another bank and get cash-back from GM instead of the 0% financing. Suh-weet.
9. Fridays. Just in general. You'll notice that "work" or "my job" will not be on this list.
10. My cleaning lady. My little sister has decided to clean houses for the summer to earn extra money. For $30, I come home every Thursday to a sparkling house. It really sunk in last Saturday, on my way home from Wal-Mart, that I would NOT have to clean the house. Hoo-rah.
11. Pandora. Seriously, what has taken me so long to get hooked up with this? Plays through my BlackBerry. Love it. Especially since I drive from one state to another every day, and radio stations tend to be pretty spotty in my area around the state lines.
12. Pants that fit. Hallelujah! I only have about 3 pairs of dress pants that still don't fit, but they are getting there. Jeans? That's another story. The pair I wore before getting pregnant BUTTONS but doesn't FIT. Ya know? I figure I should be able to wear those by the end of July.
13. The one pair of jean that does fit. Because that pair fits FABULOUSLY. My behind looks ah-mazing. Everybody says so. (OK, it's just Phillip, but still. He counts!)
14. 4:40. This is the time I pick up Henry from daycare. And he LOVES to see me. Pretty much makes my whole day.
15. Anniversaries. Phillip + I celebrated our 10 year "dating" anniversary this past Saturday. We had a night out at a friend's house to play in a Texas Hold 'Em tournament. Lots of fun, and we lost all of our money. But still! 10 years! How cool is that?
16. Breastfeeding. Good for Henry, good for weight loss, good excuse for when I want to leave somewhere. "Oh, we need to leave; I have to breastfeed."
17. Lists. No, seriously. I have lists all over the house and my office. Because apparently, the forgetfulness that I associated with pregnancy is actually just, well, ME. And it's here to stay.