I'm neglecting my blog a little bit, huh?
For very good reason, though, I assure you.
Yeah, I know. Totally adorable, right? He's growing like a weed. I had always heard that expression, and thought it was, well, WEIRD, until I experienced it. He's now 13 pounds, 5 ounces, and 24 inches long. TWO FEET LONG! Crazy.
He can now roll over from his tummy to his back, can hold his head up really well, and likes to have us sit him up so he can look around the room.
Sleeping is still a challenge. Last night he slept from 9:30 to 4:30, but the night before he got up almost every hour. I'm not sure how productive I'm going to be at work next week when we have bad nights.
Yep, I go back to work next week. Expect lots of sad tweets. I'm still holding out hope that we'll win the lottery and I can stay at home, but I think we all know how likely that is to happen.
(Not likely at all. In case you were wondering.)
But enough about Henry. Let's talk about me.
- Had my hair cut (for the first time in 5 months) and colored (for the first time in over a year). Decided that I would like to start spelling it "coloured" like I'm British.
- Had a cavity filled without any anti-anxiety meds.
- Discovered the joy of the Chik-Fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Wrap. Yum.
- Had to buy a larger size of jeans (may be related to the chicken wrap. Possibly.)
- Note: it's really depressing to have to buy larger clothes AFTER you give birth. I'm planning on continuing to wear maternity pants to work, but I really did need a pair of jeans. I am not pleased to say that at 11 weeks post-partum, I am nowhere near pre-pregnancy size. And I realize that people are going to tell me that it takes time, your body will bounce back, yadda yadda yadda. I DON'T CARE. I would like to be thin, say YESTERDAY. Not such a big deal at home, since I live in sweatpants, but only owning one pair of non-maternity pants to wear into the outside world is causing me to have to plan laundry days VERY carefully.
- I'm sorry, I forgot what I was doing. Right, all about me.
- Everytime I see a baby on TV, I well up with tears.
- I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. Forgot how much that sucked. We have an acre of yard, and a push mower. Yeah. I've decided that we're either buying a new mower or hiring a lawn service.
- The dogwood tree out front is in full bloom, and I love it.
- I've taken more pictures since Henry was born than I have in my entire life.
- Possibly an exaggeration, but not by much.
- Let's end with a pic of Mama and Baby, shall we? Notice how I cropped out the entire lower half of my body. Nobody needs to see that.