I swear, I totally thought it was Wednesday today. This "trying to do something on a specific day" sort of blows my mind. I think I'll try it through March to see if I can ever get it right. I love that it makes it sound like I PLANNED to be random, although in reality I just don't have one single topic that is interesting enough for an entire post.
1. My three uncles came over last night to work on our shed. I picked up pizza and hot wings. I love pizza from the little hole-in-the-wall places. No Domino's for us. Or Pizza Hut (gag!).
2. I had a slice of cold pizza for breakfast.
3. I have a dentist appointment today. Phillip had one on Tuesday, and as it turns out, our regular dentist is out of the office for hip surgery. I am SO uncomfortable with going to a different guy. I'll let you know how this works out.
4. I ordered THIS. I remember playing Mario Kart on N64 with my older cousin when I was maybe 12. So much fun. This weekend I was babysitting for my little cousin and I played it on her DS while she rocked out to "Eye of the Tiger" on Rock Band. I NEVER had video games as a kid, so this is so much fun for me. Should be here next week.
5. I wanted to watch CSI:NY so badly last night, and I totally fell asleep halfway through.
6. I found out that I can't attend my middle sister's graduation from college because I'll be in North Carolina for a business trip. I'm so disappointed. Haven't told her yet. At least she's going to grad school, so I have another chance.
7. It really bothers me when someone doesn't use their turn signal. So irritating.
8. I haven't washed my car in at least 5 months. Maybe I should do that after the dentist today.
9. Recipe for Mexican Greatness Soup -
1 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced finely
1 can beef broth
1 can corn (I used frozen)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can great northern beans (drained)
1 can refried beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
Package of taco seasoning
Package of ranch seasoning (like for dips)
Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours OR simmer on stovetop for 30 minutes. Yum.