Thinking back to my last queasy episode, I was slightly concerned and warned the technician that there was a (very) strong possibility that I could faint. She took the blood, and I actually felt okay!
For about 45 seconds.
Then I felt the symptoms: shaky, flushed, overheated, dizzy. Told her I wasn't feeling well, and could I please have some water?
20 more seconds. Said I was pretty sure I needed to lie down immediately. Okay, she'd walk me to a bed.
Woke up on the floor.
Why does this keep happening to me? Jeez. I feel like a big loser.
At least this time I managed to get about 5 steps before falling.
Asked the technician (Marsha, who was super nice) if I could just lay on the floor for a minute. Felt a little better, got her to help me to a bed so I could rest and drink my water.
When I got out of the office, the first thing I did was call my husband and tell him (keep in mind, he's probably on a combine).
Me: So I'm a fainter.
Me: Fainter. Your wife's a fainter.
Him: Oh, tell me you didn't.
Me: Yep, I'm a fainter. At least this time I was actually giving blood, rather than talking about it.
Him: Yeah, I guess that makes it a little better.
Me: No big deal, happens all the time.
Just par for the course, I guess.
Also - I'm doing Ali Edward's "Week in the Life" project this week. I know, I'm a few weeks late, but better now than never. It should be really fun, especially as my week as really started off with a bang (started off with a thump?). I'll try and post pictures daily, as well as my thoughts. I'll probably take my journaling right from the blog.
Today's thoughts so far:
- Woke up and realized that since hubby is away for the night, I will wake up on my anniversary (tomorrow) alone.
- Wisdom tooth check-up from last week's surgery. Everything good! Waited 35 minutes for a 7 minute appointment. Grrr...
- Went to AC Moore with my 25% of total purchase coupon. Grabbed some super fine clear EP, glitter glue, notepads, a sweatshirt & a long-sleeved tee. Score.
- Had time to kill. Went to bank. Went to the mall. Got my rings cleaned at Zale's. Tried on 4 dresses and 2 pairs of jeans in Old Navy. Discovered that nothing looked as good as the jeans I was already wearing.
- Walked around the mall for a while. Bought hand lotion from Bath & Body works. Wow, the smells in that store make me a little nauseous. But their spa hand cream is awesome. And my hands currently look disgusting.
- Annual exam. Went to the wrong building (I do sort of recall the receptionist telling me on the phone that they moved). Exam went fine, minus fainting episode.
- Wal-Mart. So much better in the middle of the day, with hardly anyone there. Easy peasy.
- Fifer's Orchard for fresh apple cider and apples. Oh so good. I refuse to buy supermarket apple cider.